Residents in town recently received a notice from the Collier County Planning Commission. The notice is rather technical and even a thorough reading of it does not clarify exactly what proposals the commission is considering for implementation.
According to Ave Maria Development executive Cee Cee Marinelli, AMD will host a community presentation on Thursday, August 21st at 5:00 PM in the Community Room on Annunciation Circle. Ms. Marinelli also explained that the “main elements to the DRI SRA amendment” will do the following:
- Rescind the Ave Maria DRI since by Florida Statute, SRAs are not required to be DRIs.
- Revise the Ave Maria SRA Master Plan to reflect the increase to the area of Town Center 2b along Oil Well Road by 155 acres.
- Add 600,000 square feet of light industrial uses within the Ave Maria SRA.
- Modify the Pedestrian Network Map to allow for sidewalks on one side of the street on future low volume roads.
- Add single family detached “Z-lots” as an approved lot configuration (for Coquina).
- Change Root Barrier requirements within the Ave Maria SRA.