While Summer doesn’t begin until June 21, the town of Ave Maria goes into summer mode once AMU has it’s graduation. Here are a few things in store during this break from the university’s academic year and from the “season” when resident snowbirds, tourists and pilgrims are absent.
1. AMU Summer Academic Term: Ave Maria University holds summer classes. Session I is from May 12 through June 21, 2014, and Session II is from June 23 through August 2, 2014.
2. Ave Maria Oratory Quasi-Parish schedule of Mass and Confession change (Ave Herald always has the updated Mass schedule).
Sunday Mass: 8 am Latin; 10 am English (also 4:15 vigil on Saturday when FOCUS is on campus May 27 to July 6).
Monday-Friday Mass: Noon (also 5:15 Mass when FOCUS is on campus May 27 to July 6)
Saturday Mass: 9 am Saturday Confession: 9:30 – 10:30 am
Wednesday Confession: 2:45 – 3:45 pm
3. FOCUS New Staff Training: Once again the campus of Ave Maria University will be the site where over 500 employees and staff from the Fellowship of Catholic University Students will hold New Staff Training. According to AMU sources: the FOCUS people will begin to arrive on May 27 and May 28, with the majority of the group of 420 staying until July 6. There may be a group of about 50 that will stay until July 15, and there will be one week where there will be up to 520 in the group.
4. AMU Summer Youth Conference: Friday July 11 through Sunday July 13, 2014. Open to the public. On-site accommodation and meals for those who are traveling. Reduced rate for those not staying on-site.
5. Musica Sacra Florida 6th Annual Gregorian Chant Conference and Extraordinary Form Server Training Workshop: Thursday May 15 through Saturday May 17, 2014. Open to the public. On-site accommodation and meals.
6. AMU Marian Eucharistic Conference: Friday May 16 through Sunday May 18, 2014. Open to the public. On-site accommodation for those who are traveling. Reduced rate for those not staying on-site.
7. Camp Ave Maria: Weeklong day camp sessions June 9 through August 15, 2014.
8. Water Park: extended hours for the Ave Maria Water Park. Use is limited to Ave Maria residents who purchase passes. Contact Luisa for hours and passes: 239.348.8384 or email.
9. Mother Teresa Museum. The Mother Teresa exhibition will be open all summer Tuesday-Friday from Noon to 4:00 pm, but will be CLOSED on Saturday and Sunday.